Sunday, February 24, 2008

Life as we know it

Yes, it's been awhile since the last post. Sorry. I just haven't felt like sitting in front of the computer that much lately. But I know you are all terribly interested in what's been going on with Keeley, so I will sacrifice just for you.

For the Valentine' Day playgroup we decided to take some photos of the kids and maybe get some cute ones with a heart backdrop. Then we decided to take a photo of all the babes together. As you can see, my child would not sit still. Not for a minute. Oh, what a mess. I tried and tried to get her to sit - just for a second - so I could get a cute picture of all of them and I had no luck. No luck at all. Too busy.





This past weekend, we went to visit Mimi and Peeps and we were ever so busy. We rode on the golf cart, played on the golf course (a big favorite), swam in the indoor pool, ate watermelon, went shopping, and just had a wonderful time. We went down there for Peeps' birthday. I made a baked pasta dish for his birthday dinner and we all liked it very much, including Keeley. I love the fact that I can giver her so many different "real" food now. Sweet potatoes are still a big hit, but now I can just serve them like the rest of the family's.





Speaking of meal time, is it just me or did anyone else get incredibly, insanely, amazingly bored while feeding their children? Holy cannoli, it seems like it takes her FOREVER to finish a meal or snack. I know I should be thankful that she is eating well and enjoys her food - and I am. I just get so bored sitting there while she eats. And I feel guilty if I am texting someone or doing something else. I feel like I should be having conversations with her and other educational stuff like that. Sometimes I'll have her eat a snack with the highchair either in the kitchen so I can prepare another meal or in front of Sesame Street so I can get some other chore done, but I still feel bad and there's still 4 or 5 other meals to deal with. (She eats 5 or 6 times a day, people.) And then, when she's done eating? I have to clean everything up - including my food-covered child! Just thought I'd ask.
Anyhoo, so we had fun in Winter Haven. This week was pretty busy as well. We went to the gym several times and it's not her favorite place anymore. I think she's having trouble adjusting to the amount of kids that are there at the new time we have to go. They changed the child care hours so we can't go at 1:00 anymore because it closes at 1:30. And while a half hour workout sounds lovely, it isn't so lovely for the weight loss. So we have to go earlier in the day and that's when everyone under the sun brings their kids. I think she just doesn't know what to do with herself. There are these big kids running around and she's used to either being the center of attention or the biggest kid there. Hopefully, she get used to it soon. She's really bonded with one of the workers there so I'm hoping that will help.

This week we also had our very first Girls Night dinner. We went out with my friend Dana to a nice(r) restaurant. I had to take Keeley with because Donald was working late that night. I'm never sure how things are going to go with her, but she was really good. And we were there almost 2 hours. (Oops - didn't realize that as we were eating and talking...) I was very proud. I figure she should learn how to conduct herself during Girls Night.

I guess that's about it for now. I'm tired of being in front of the computer and I still have to wait two hours while Blogger takes its time downloading the photos to the blog. Because I know I will hear it if there's a blog post with no photos...

1 comment:

Whatever Mother said...

DID SHE TURN INTO A WATERMELON!?!?AARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH..........