Thursday, October 4, 2007

Goodbye Month Seven


Dear Keeley,

You have been so busy this month, I need a nap. You learned how to sit up from any position. You were so excited to do this, you practiced in your sleep… Well, I use the term “sleep” loosely. There were a few long nights.

You also learned to crawl! It was absolutely amazing to watch you go from rolling around everywhere to leaning forward to rocking back and forth on your hands and knees to, finally, crawling. Your dad and I were so excited. You picked it up in a matter of days. One day you were slowly crawling a couple feet and the next day you were shooting across the room towards the light socket. (Maybe I should get those protector things in there sometime soon…) Buddy and Gourdy are in serious trouble. The past few mornings you’ve raced across the floor to see Gourdy through the sliding glass door. You get so excited. You have this cute way of breathing when you get excited about something. It’s almost as if you’re panting like a dog. I love it. And, boy, if you want something, you are going to get it, dammit. Determination is your motto. You already know how to climb up the step at your Grammy’s house and the taller one at your Nana’s house. No problem, you say.

You are so interested in everything. You get up in the morning ready to go. You usually play in your crib for at least half an hour before I go get you. (This is great for me; keep it up. Mommy doesn’t wake up so quickly…) When you’re playing in the living room, you like to take all of your toys out of the basket. You look at each one and then put it down and move on to the next. One of your favorite things to do is jump in your Jumperoo. You are a MANIAC in that thing. Daddy had to fix it so you wouldn’t hurt your knees. You jump and jump and jump and jump and…well, you get the picture.

Another favorite of yours is playing peek-a-boo. Mimi started playing this with you months ago and now you just can’t get enough. We put a washcloth over our face and say, “Where’s Keeley?” You rip the thing off your face and we say, “There she is!” You laugh and smile and squeal.

One thing you do not like AT ALL is when I leave the room EVEN FOR A MINUTE. I remember not too long ago, you would play happily by yourself on the floor. I would leave you there and go to the bathroom or throw the laundry in or fix a sandwich and I would go back and there you were IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE. Now, even if I could leave, you would immediately head for the aforementioned light sockets or something else I have yet to childproof.

You are still eating like a champ. Or should I say eating like a Brown. You enjoy everything we give you. You love, love, LOVE Cheerios. You’ve just figured out how to grab them and get them to your mouth. Well, you sometimes get them to your mouth. But that doesn’t stop you from excitedly grabbing them each and every time and shoving them towards your mouth.

I still love going to get you from a nap. Now you’re usually standing up, holding on to the side and smiling away. It’s the sweetest thing ever. You are so happy. And that makes me happy. I think my favorite thing in the world is hearing you laugh. I wish I could bottle it. Just today we were playing and you were smiling so big, I could see your two top teeth and I think it was the cutest thing in the whole world. I am so amazed by you. You are the love of my life and I can’t wait to see what Month Eight has to offer.
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Ali said...

Your site looks very lovely.
I love the baby and writing.
Cheers!